Meet the meet the midwives of Princeton Midwifery Care/
Delaware Valley OBGYN and Infertility Group.
URSULA MIGUEL, CNM
Ursula Miguel has worked in the field of maternity care for nearly two decades as a nurse, childbirth and parenting educator, breast feeding counselor and most recently as a midwife. She continues to be involved in midwife education by precepting students from the University of Pennsylvania. She holds a nursing degree from the College of New Jersey, and a masters and certification as a nurse midwife from SUNY- Downstate.
Her professional career has included positions in hospitals, a free-standing childbirth center and home birth settings. Since joining our group, and becoming the leader of our midwives, Ursula has been a tireless advocate for the midwifery model of care. She has special interests in non-pharmacological pain relief for labor, hydrotherapy, comfort measures for posterior labor, optimal fetal positioning, and VBAC births. Ursula has 4 grown children and enjoys being outdoors and gardening.
- Undergraduate eduction: The College of New Jersey, BSN
- Midwifery training: SUNY Brooklyn
- Certifications: Advanced Certificate in Nurse-Midwifery -SUNY Brooklyn, Lamaze Certified Childbirth Educator
- Honors and awards: Academic and Clinical Excellence in Nurse-Midwifery Advanced Certificate Program - SUNY Brooklyn
- Academic affiliations: Preceptor for students from the University of Pennsylvania and Philadelphia University
- Languages: German (fluent)
MARGARET (PEGGY) BRUNO, CNM
Peggy received her RN at the Westchester School of Nursing in Valhalla, New York in 1976. She worked as a nurse for several years in different areas of medicine while raising her children but later returned for her midwifery certification at the University of Medicine & Dentistry (now Rutgers University) of New Jersey in 1998. After 4 years practicing in Florida, Peggy has returned to our practice. She now divides her professional time between midwifery and fertility.
- Undergraduate eduction: Westchester School of Nursing
- Midwifery training: University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey
- Certifications: Certified Nurse Midwife
YELENA SAKS LABER, CNM
Yelena completed her nursing degree at Binghamton University. After working as an RN on a surgical unit, she returned to school and received her masters in midwifery from New York University. Following graduation she joined the National Heath service corps where she served as a nurse midwife in a underserved community, and became fluent in Spanish. She then spent 6 years at a hospital owned private practice serving one of the largest counties in New Jersey. Yelena has 2 children that were born with the help and support of midwives.
Undergraduate education: Binghamton University
Midwifery training: New York University (NYU)
Certifications: Certified Nurse Midwife
Languages: Russian, Spanish
Jennifer Short, CNM
Jennifer started her career in women's healthcare at Capital Health system where she obtained her nursing degree and certification. While there, she received the Medical Staff Award for excellence both in patient care and in academics. She went on to receive her Bachelor of Science in nursing from Thomas Edison State College. Jennifer went on to work for a number of years as a labor nurse at Capital Health. Ultimately, she followed her passion and returned to school to obtaining her degree in midwifery. Jennifer graduated from the Frontier Nursing University with a perfect 4.0 GPA and became a certified nurse midwife. After working down at the jersey shore, Jennifer has returned to Mercer County and joined our team at Delaware Valley OB/GYN / Princeton midwifery care.
- Diploma in Nursing: Capital Health System (Trenton, Hopewell)
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing: Thomas Edison State
- Master of Science in Nursing, Midwifery Program, Frontier Nursing University
- Certifications: Certified Nurse Midwife
Danielle Melican, CNM
Danielle received her nursing degree locally at Burlington Community College and later received her Bachelor of Science in Nursing and Master of Science in Nursing degrees from George Washington University. She went on for advanced training at Shenandoah University where she earned an post-master degree in nurse midwifery. Danielle brings a varied experience in nurse midwifery, having worked in a local practice specializing in home births, and most recently caring for women in underserved communities both through a community health center and a busy hospital practice in Union County. She is also the recipient of several awards for nursing excellence and a certified breastfeeding counselor. We are pleased to have Danielle on our team at Delaware Valley OB/GYN / Princeton midwifery care.
- Associate of Applied Science in Nursing: Burlington Community College
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing: The George Washington University
- Master of Science in Nursing: The George Washington University
- Post-Master Certificate in Nurse Midwifery: Shenandoah University
- Certifications: Certified Nurse Midwife, Inpatient Obstetrical Nursing, Electronic Fetal Monitoring, Certified Breastfeeding Counselor
- Honors and Awards: The Mary Henkel Award for Graduate Excellence-Shenandoah University, The Daisy Award for Extraordinary Nurses-Trinitas Regional Medical Center, and The Spirt of Nursing Award-Burlington County College
DELAWARE VALLEY OBGYN
While the goal of our midwifery team is to provide our patients with a more natural childbirth experience, sometimes things do not always go as planned. It is comforting to know that the experienced Obstetrical team at Delaware Valley OBGYN and Infertility Group is available should any complications arise. These are the members of our OB team: