URSULA MIGUEL, CNM
Ursula Miguel has worked in the field of maternity care for nearly two decades as a nurse, childbirth and parenting educator, breast feeding counselor and most recently as a midwife. She continues to be involved in midwife education by precepting students from the University of Pennsylvania. She holds a nursing degree from the College of New Jersey, and a masters and certification as a nurse midwife from SUNY- Downstate. Her professional career has included positions in hospitals, a free-standing childbirth center and home birth settings. Since joining our group, and becoming the leader of our midwives, Ursula has been a tireless advocate for the midwifery model of care. She has special interests in non-pharmacological pain relief for labor, hydrotherapy, comfort measures for posterior labor, optimal fetal positioning, and VBAC births. Ursula has 4 grown children and enjoys being outdoors and gardening.
- Undergraduate eduction: The College of New Jersey, BSN
- Midwifery training: SUNY Brooklyn
- Certifications: Advanced Certificate in Nurse-Midwifery -SUNY Brooklyn, Lamaze Certified Childbirth Educator
- Honors and awards: Academic and Clinical Excellence in Nurse-Midwifery Advanced Certificate Program - SUNY Brooklyn
- Academic affiliations: Preceptor for students from the University of Pennsylvania and Philadelphia University
- Languages: German (fluent)